April 20,2009

Dorothy's Wedding Banquet

這不是一首歌,是我好朋友Dorothy的大喜。


我跟Dorothy是大三那一年認識的。那時我還在唸經濟系,正徘徊在是否要走經濟這條路的時候,參加了一個活動,認識了唸政大廣告的她。


雖然說我後來真的進入廣告業主要還是個人興趣的考量,但在那個志向還在萌發的青澀階段,有這樣的一位朋友,無疑也分享了那時候的心情,與一路走來的過程。


畢業後我入伍當兵,Dorothy早我一步進入廣告業,但就在我快要破冬 (按:入伍滿一年)的前夕,她負笈飛去了英國唸書,這一唸,就唸了好幾年,終於在去年拿到博士學位,也在英國找到了教職的工作。


說起來,與她相識以來,沒見面的日子比見面的時間多上太多,但不知道為什麼,彼此間總有種不由言說的默契,能夠知道對方在想什麼,即使只是很模糊的,但那種「被懂得」的感覺,便是我們一直以來都仍然保持聯繫的原因吧。


她在回台灣前夕請我在婚禮上說些祝福的話,雖然事先擬好了講稿,但真正上場的時候還是很緊張,低頭猛唸稿。但當我看到她與新郎臉上洋溢的幸福表情時,我想,不管我說什麼都不重要了吧。能夠親自參與這場婚宴,內心非常感動,也會記住這一天。祝妳幸福,愛皖。


下面是講稿內容,文法用字不甚精準,但我想這大概是近期處於低潮的我所能寫出最像樣的東西。


大家午安,我是維明,是愛皖的朋友。
Good afternoon. My name is Terence. I'm one of Dorothy's friend.
今天,我很榮幸能在這裡為新郎新娘以及他們的親朋好友,說一些祝福的話。
It's a great honor for me to speak here, especially to the groom, the bride, and their family and friends.
老實說,現在我有點緊張。雖然今天我不是新郎,但這是我第一次受邀在婚禮致詞。
To be honest, I'm a bit neverous now. Although I'm not the groom today, this is my first time to make a speech in a wedding ceremony.
如果我的英文不好請見諒。
Forgive my poor English if you are a native speaker.
不過我想我的中文講稿應該還算OK。
But the Chinese part should be OK.



我跟新娘,愛皖,已經認識11年了。
The bride, Dorothy, has been my good friends for 11 years.
雖然在場許多人認識她的時間比我認識她的時間還來得長。
I know many people here today have known her longer than I have.
但愛皖對我來說,真的是一個非常非常特別的朋友。
But to me, Dorothy is always a very special friends.
這些年來,我們沒見面的時間比見面的時間還要多。
In these years, the time we meet each other is much less than the time we do not see each other.
但在某些時刻,我總會想到她。
But at some moments, she comes to my mind usually.
我想這是因為她有一顆很善良又溫暖的好心腸,永遠都會鼓勵她關心的人,而且關心她所愛的人。
I think she has a "golden heart",very kind and very warm. She always encourages people she cares, and cares about people she loves.
不論與她談話或者見面,總讓我覺得有著陽光般的溫暖感受。
Talking with her and meeting her always make me feel like that there is sunshine above your head.
閻爸爸、閻媽媽,我想你們應該為擁有這樣一個好女兒而感到驕傲。
Mr. and Mrs. Yen, I think you should be proud of having such a glorious daughter.
尤其她今天能嫁給一位好丈夫,我想是很值得開心而且恭禧的一件事。
And feel happy to see her marry to an excellent gentleman.



所以,誰是那位幸運的男士呢?
So, who is the lucky guy?
那麼,今天的新郎,大衛。
Well. the groom, Dave.
我還記得第一次在愛皖的部落格上見到你照片的時候,就有一種直覺,感覺你就是那個真正能獲得愛皖芳心的人。
As I can remember, when I first saw your picture on Dorothy's blog, I had a strong gut feeling that you are the ONE who can earn Dorothy's heart.
當我去年在台灣第一次見到你的時候,更加證實了這個想法。
When I finally met you in Taiwan last year, I confirmed that feeling.
因為你同樣有一顆很善良而溫暖的好心腸。
Because you have the same "golden heart", very warm and very kind.
而且,你真的是一位標準的英國紳士,溫和、有禮、成熟,而且懂得包容。
In addition to that, you are a genuine English gentleman. Very polite, mature, and tolerant.
派瑞先生、派瑞太太,感謝你們的教養,為愛皖帶來這麼堂堂正正的好男人。
Mr. and Mrs. Parry, thanks for your parentancy that brings up such a decent man for Dorothy.



中國有句古諺說,姻緣天註定。
There is an old Chinese saying, marriage is designated by God.
我想這並不是叫我們向命運投降。
I think it does not tell us to give up to your fate.
它背後真正要告訴我們的是,你應該要相信你的丈夫或妻子,不論將來你們倆未來會面對多少險阻。
But the true meaning behind it is...you should keep faith to your husband or wife, no matter what difficulties you will meet in the future.
因為這是上天為你們安排好的。
Because all of these are arranged by God.
莎士比亞也寫過一首關於婚姻的詩。
Shakespere also wrote a poem about marriage.
莫讓我承認真摯心靈的結合裡,有所障礙。若是遇到機會就變節,或是遇到強勢就屈服,那麼愛也就不是愛。
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
不同的語言,講述的仍是同樣的智慧。
Even in different language, wisdom is still wisdom.
不同的文化,相愛的心意也不會改變。
Even from different cultures, love is still love.



親愛的大衛與愛皖:
Dear Dave and Dorothy:
我真心相信你們對彼此來說,都是值得的。
I truly believe that you deserve each other.
要記得這一刻,也要記得今天在座每位來賓帶給你們的真摯祝福。
Remember this moment, remember all the blessing everyone gives you today.
執子之手,白頭偕老。
Take each other's hand to spend the whole life with each other.
請大家舉杯敬新郎與新娘。
Best wished to the groom and bride.
也祝大家身體健康,萬事如意。
And to everyone here.
乾杯,謝謝!
Cheers. Thank you!


Posted by darthvader at 樂多Roodo! │00:32 │回應(7)引用(0)Personal
樂多分類:日記/一般 工具:編輯本文
Ads by Roodo! 

引用URL

http://cgi.blog.roodo.com/trackback/8759967
回應文章
親愛的

真的很感動耶
再讀一次,還是讓我一直微笑喔
謝謝你!!!
(實在是太給我們面子了啦!) XDD
Posted by Dorothy at April 22,2009 08:28

To Dorothy:

沒什麼,這是應該的啦,以我們的交情…妳說是吧:)
我也很感動呀!很開心看到妳跟Dave幸福的模樣,我沾了不少喜氣呢!蜜月打算去哪呢?那天真的沒什麼機會與妳說到話,倒是跟閻伯伯喝了不少杯酒呢,呵呵。
Posted by darthvader at April 22,2009 23:52

當時心裡很鬧騰沒有細聽,現在仔細看,真的是一篇超棒的賀詞...!尤其中間引經據典,老套卻又周全,而使得充滿珍貴的意義!真的很棒,姐你真是太幸福了,有如此棒的演講稿~
Posted by 明明 at April 24,2009 14:53

小明:
這是我從小到大聽到的最美的婚禮祝福
你很愛你的朋友。
Posted by 吐司 at April 26,2009 00:54

To 明明:

我跟妳一樣,衷心希望妳的姐姐能一輩子都幸福,而且我相信的。

To 吐司:

不好意思被妳讀出我的心了,是的,我很愛這位朋友。:)
Posted by darthvader at April 26,2009 03:41

所以小明你知道為什麼我特別希望你參加聚會了吧?謝了,這篇美麗的婚禮祝福。
Posted by 吐司 at September 2,2009 14:59

To 吐司:

原來是這個原因,謝謝妳。也祝你跟Evans (不知有無拼錯)婚姻生活幸福美滿:)
Posted by darthvader at September 19,2009 20:28